ROLLERMAX gives you a feeling of rejuvenation, like a trip to the spa or an exclusive acupressure massage. You feel energized and it is all so easy in the privacy of your own home. When a muscle is overworked/stressed, it can form bundles of fibers, which inhibit the range of motion causing stiffness and pain. The ROLLERMAX smooths out these bundles of fibers which are referred to as knots, and lets oxygen pass once again to the muscle so it can repair itself. With the improved circulation, your body can now relax from its former UP TIGHT position to operate more effectively, giving you better range of motion and the freedom of movement without pain. This all translates to a better quality of life. You can give yourself a massage using your own body weight simply by rolling around in the comfort of your own home. It will improve your flexibility, release tension, and can help with the appearance of cellulite by breaking down the fat deposits.
Why Use The Roller?
We at SMI have found that the foam roller should be an integral part of every athlete's daily routine. Regular use of the roller can be beneficial for enhancing performance, preventing injuries, and expediting injury recovery. It is a great way to warm up cold muscles for deep, specific stretching, as well as a way to warm up muscles before activity. The roller is also an effective way to loosen up muscles, such as the IT Band and shin muscles, that may be difficult to access with conventional stretches, as well as focusing on tight knots or bands within a muscle. Furthermore, the roller helps to act as an early indicator of when muscles are beginning to tighten up even though you may not feel any tightness when performing an activity. In order to get the most effective results, use the roller prior to stretching. We have included a list of areas that may benefit from the use of the roller as well as effective positions for accessing these areas. (There are certain areas where it is important to simply place the roller and apply pressure rather than rolling over the tissues. These areas have been pointed out under the individual descriptions.
- Loosens tight, stiff muscles faster than traditional stretching
- Reduces muscle knots and adhesions
- Improves posture with regular use
- Reduce the chance of injury if used pre-workout
- Helps increase your range of motion
- Enhances any exercise program
- Helps drain lymphatic system
- Helps to create a sleek look for a longer and leaner body
- Help diminish the appearance of cellulite with regular use
- Stimulates a natural physiological phenomenon which naturally relaxes tight muscles
- Penetrates deep myofascial blocked tissues and stimulates greater blood flow to essential cells